tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow

I've started writing this blog several times over the last two weeks.  Seems like a lot longer, but two weeks ago I had the fullest day of theatre in my life.  I had a company meeting for Shakespeare by the Sea.  Then we read "Macbeth."  I then went to our tech rehearsal for "Dinner with Friends."  From there, I drove to Hollywood for a production of "Macbeth Revisited."  It was awesome.  It was exhausting. 

Since then, we have opened "Dinner with Friends."  We have closed "Macbeth Revisited."  And I have had meetings for "Macbeth."  I'm also doing fight choreography for Macbeth, as I did for Dinner with Friends.  I also did a bet of fight choreo for "Sylvia" at the Rubicon which had a very successful run last month.  So, I'm busy. 

We only have 4 more performances of Dinner with Friends.  I have come to really love this production.  I mentioned before that the first read was so amazing that I was afraid of it.  It's never supposed to feel that authentic and connected when you first sit down.  But, having the electrical system go kaput and having to take two months off really kept us from getting cocky.  We opened on a Wednesday, and then didn't have another performance for a week, and then one today.  So it's been hard to gain any sort of momentum with this piece.  But these people are so wonderful and dear that we have made it work.  I'm really proud of the show.  And what I love most is that the reviews and people who talk to me about it, talk about it as my character's relationship with Christina's character.  Because it really is the story of a couple who are trying to survive the demise of another couple's marriage.  And we are essentially a unit.  It's been great, from that first read through.  We have chemistry and rapport and are able to convey a marriage of ten years together, when we've only really known one another for a few months.  That's the magic of theatre.

At the end of this week, we close.  And also I start rehearsing Macbeth (and oh yeah) Taming of the Shrew.  I'm playing Old Gremio in that, and I don't imagine I'll have many rehearsals to do something with it.  But I'm excited for our 20th season of SBTS.  Although I'm really not ready to say goodbye to Dinner with Friends yet. 7 shows just isn't enough. 

If you are in theatre and want a discount ticket for this coming Wednesday's show, let me know.  We are having industry night.  Otherwise, jump on the website littlefishtheatre.org and snatch up one of the remaining tickets for our closing weekend.  I guarantee that the show will make you think and hopefully inspire you.

Sorry I wasn't able to post for the last two weeks.  But it has been crazy. 

Also, go see Pericles at Porter's.  My dear friend, Luke, is amazing.  As is the entire cast.  Such a good and inspiring production of the Shakespeare play with the best ending ever. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out, out brief candle...

Dinner with Friends no more

Scotland, CA